By Holly Field Design

Friday, January 24, 2014

A finished quilt!





 Is it cold enough for all you out there?  Burrrr.....
Good thing I have plenty of sewing to do here, and NO reason to go out!  My studio is totally stocked, my pantry full, so as long as the electricity holds, I should have plenty of sewing time.

The finishing touches were just added to my newest quilt.  I love how the quilting turned out on this one.  I used a meandering swirling rose pattern all over the quilt, and it plays nicely with the Log Cabin blocks.  For the back I used a creamy soft batiste.  I would love to make an entire quilt from batiste, it is so soft & silky.  A special christening quilt would be wonderful from it, and allow for adding special laces & embroidery.  I need to add that idea to my list of "quilts to make".

The quilt is now available in my shop on Etsy .  


The photo on the right is one of hundreds I've collected online and from antique shops.  All are of kids, most have amazing Victorian clothing on.
This particular photo is amazing.  I love her little dress and her hair bows.  I would love to know who she is looking at.  And the dog!  He is cute, and apparently likes her more that whoever she is looking at.   Just so cute.  I honestly don't know where this particular photo came from, so if someone recognizes it, please let me know.  I'd love to know more about it.
I found this little dress from an old catalog,  It isn't exactly like hers, but almost.  My guess is 1880 to 1900 for the era.  I'm not certain though.

Well dear readers,  thanks for stopping by.  Time to get back to my sewing!
Dreaming of spring here!  Ordered my garden seeds! 


No comments:

Blog Archive