By Holly Field Design

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Where have I been?


 Summer time!

"Field Of Sunflowers" by Tina Phillips

Hello!  Most of my readers know where I've been since last writing....  way too long ago!  Life just got busy.  I'm not sure how, but each year when the weather gets warmer, there are just not enough hours in the day to complete all I want to accomplish.  I've had family visiting since Memorial Day, and that was wonderful!  There has been much quilt piecing going on too!  I have twenty-one tops that need to be quilted -- amazing huh?  So, I'm getting backings pieced together and will get the quilting machine loaded soon.  It's been awhile since I last quilted, so practice will be in order before doing any fancy quiting!

 
I've also been knitting, seriously knitting!  That is primarily due to discovering this new yarn from Lion Brand Amazing Yarn.  Every colorway is beautiful, and I just can't get enough of it!  I've knitted two toddler sized hooded jackets from the Strawberry Fields, and Vineyard colors.  The pattern is one I've written, and have been refining over the last year.  This yarn gives the coat just the look I was going for.  If you knit, check it out.  It's 53% Wool, 47% Acrylic which makes it washable and very soft.  I usually prefer 100% natural fibers for my work, but the great color choices, and affordable price made it worth the trying.  When the pattern has been tested one more time I'll list it Etsy & Ravelry.
I'll get the coats blocked and put photos up soon.  Actually, since May I've finished 4 baby sweaters, 2 pair booties, a bonnet and hat!  All of these items will be in my Etsy booth at the upcoming Show in September.
                                                                                                                    
Such beautiful rich color!
Yesterday I was cutting fabric for a new quilt, puttering around my studio, trying to straighten up a bit, and to my surprise, found Moochie's newest hiding spot!  He was sound asleep in a bin of tulle netting.  A door is usually open, and covers this last row of shelving, making his presence there unknown until I closed the door.  He knew he was in trouble the minute he opened his eyes!                                                                                                                    
Moochi thinks he's found a new nap place! 

No comments:

Blog Archive